Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Biggest Payoff!

Five years ago, in my early twenties, I decided to purchase a jetski. A brand spanking new Yamaha jetski three seater much like this one below:



I took out a massive loan, and then found myself paying back that loan with retarded interest rates and barely making a dent on the premium of the loan. So I said fuck it, screw the system, I won't pay it. Typical twenty something financial ostrich.

I finally came to an agreement not too long ago with the company that now owns this loan and have been paying this back as quickly as possible since 2010 started. And now, with the final check, I am free. I have written the largest check in my life, and boy does it feel good.

I no longer have the words "i am in debt" scribed to the sign hanging above my head.
I can plan a vacation without thinking there is someplace else my money should go.
And the best part is, now that I've learned how to set aside money every month to paying this loan off, I can similarly save that same amount and put it towards investments. Google stock, anyone?

One step closer...to my sunrise...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment