Monday, August 24, 2009

Measuring visitor engagement: achieving the holy grail

Eric Peterson released a white paper written in conjunction with a consulting shop that talks about measuring visitor engagement in the past month.

For those of you who are new to this community, Eric Peterson is one of the top 5 practitioners of web analytics and one of the few professionals that can say they have been in this space for more than ten years. When Mr. Peterson speaks, people listen.

That said, I appreciate tha the white paper explores the empirical formula for visitor engagement he derived with the help of several great minds in both WA and math. It simply states that engagement is a conglomeration of several well known metrics and several lesser known metrics.

I'm posting remotely...and I know you are waiting with bated breath until I give it to you, so keep on the lookout for tomorrows post with the fornula, demystified!


-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment