Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Adulthood Checklist.
(Inspired by Rudy-san's blog post)
Keep in mind that all adults reach their developmental milestones at their own pace. It is important not to compare your adult's rate of development to that of his peers. The following list is meant only as a guideline and not as a cause for alarm.
By thirty-years-old, your adult will probably be able to...
Feed and maintain a house pet - does an ex husband count? hehe the true answer is YES
Hold down a job - I held it down for 5 years, the past two jobs that I've held down have punched me back.
Maintain eye contact while speaking - Thankfully yes.
Refrain from discussing high school - Nah, I still talk about it at least once a week like it was...10 years ago.
Cook a meal (three-course) - I can watch it, cook it, and eat it. does that make me advanced?
Make small talk - small and big talk
Forgive his family - Oh yes. They forgive me back.
Acknowledge other viewpoints (social) - I do. but not always in agreement or with humor
Detect and respond to ambiguity - I don't respond well to it, but I can recognize it.
Finish school - NYU *buuurp* finished it, plate is all clean.
Your thirty-year-old adult may be able to...
Make a martini (vodka) - No, I can make a shot though.
Tie a half-Windsor knot - Absolutely not. But I do know how to put a garter belt together.
Drive a manual transmission - No. -1 point
Refrain from discussing college - absolutely not.
Get married - Yes, and "ungot" it too.
File his taxes (EZ form) - ez form is for noobs.
Remember 5-10 friends' birthdays - I remember friends' birthdays if i was friends with them from high school. shows my acumen for numbers lasted until i was 16.
Acknowledge other viewpoints (political) - I do.
Get a flu shot - yes, and it hurt for a week.
Give a toast - no, never have....hmm I have to consider this for a second.
Install storm windows - Yes!
Go back to school - will do after s**tstorm subsides in 2011
Some advanced thirty-year-olds may possibly be able to...
Make a martini (gin) - no but again, I can make a shot of this too!
File his taxes (standard 1040) - 1040s are for noobs
Make and keep dental appointments - hooray for not having any cavities! +2 points
Have a baby - Woopiee! +999 points * 100 points per year before Adam is self sufficient
Finish school - *buuurp* finished it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment