Follow up to my post on the gentleman who loved someone else.
And just when I felt like I had closed that door that was open, the gentleman shows up with a book that I had lent to him with the intent of returning it. Eyes were puffy, nose was red, smile lines had faded. Let's take a walk, I said as I motioned to the revolving door of which I felt my emotions were spinning through.
Two hours of discussion later, I was perplexed where my emotions lay. Did I want to go down this road? My mind was fiercely intolerant to being taken for a lover's fool. My heart though was deeply rooted in the belief that this man was true, honest, and that his words were pouring from the heart pinned to his immaculate sleeve cuffs.
To him I said there are two types of closure, one type is when you seek it because of her, and the other one is because you're aware that there is better love out there. I won't be your rebound girl during the time when you are undecided. But my feelings for you haven't changed.
Days later I let him in again. With renewed zeal and effort he enters with open arms. But I will be careful to evaluate his choice for the sake of both our beating hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment