Day in and day out I remind myself that there are others less fortunate than I am. So I will start to write every day what I am thankful for.
I am thankful for having legs. Nice, tan ones at that. Runners legs, legs that have good muscle to fat ratio. Kneecaps that are small and will probably weather aging well. A slight crick in my left knee due to not covering up properly right after giving birth to my first son. A few bug bites that are remnant from a very wonderful trip to Mexico early in 2011 with my firstborn that was a complete surprise. Small ankles, that lead to feet that are a size 6.5. A footbed that is supportive, with a sturdy arch. Toe nails that I like to paint the latest shade of orange (2010 was a metallic neon orange, 2011 is muted neon Orange). A weirdly longer fourth toe on both feet that was part of the first bonding moment when my son was born - one look at his similarly bent and longer fourth toe solidified in my heart the newfound deep satisfaction of giving birth to this being that I created and is genetically similar to me.
Moving up, I am thankful for my legs that support the cradle of responsibility that is the definition of a woman. My legs support a wonderfully voluptuous gluteous maximus. My legs support the cup of life that has borne me one beautiful baby boy, that has driven me mad sometimes, that, like clockwork, reminds me the depths of emotion that we women experience, 12 times a year.
I am thankful.
Friday, July 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment