Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trying Time Out

Today we are trying the time out method. Adam had plenty of bad boy behaviors today and I tried as patiently as I could to resolve all the unsolved backwash of reasons behind the bad behaviors. I thought we were ok. And there was a great half an hour of storied conversation and we shared a peach over King of the Hill. I taught him many times during this sharing that he can't just stick his hand into the thing that is being shared when HE thinks it's his turn.

Then it comes time for bed. This is probably the worst time of the entire night for any parent, hands down, between the time he is born to the time that he goes to college. He doesn't understand the meaning of "no more tv" so I took the remote from his hand and he kept diving for it. Like KEPT. So. I raised my voice and then I told him he is misbehaving and therefore he's going into time out. Then i physically carried him upstairs and put him in time out. Every time I heard him groan i added another minute to it. We are now on our eighth minute. He's been saying I'm sorry from his room but I will not address it until the time out is up, and I've told him as much. It helps that he hears me clacking away at the keyboard.

Well it's time to deal with the boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment